We’re excited to unpack and explore The DNA of Collaboration as a Virtual Book Tour, which you may see referenced from time to time via hashtag #cdnaVBT. We’ll be doing this as a Twitter chat. We hope it will be a great way to explore the book’s content, as well as getting to know Chris Jones, the author, better known online as @sourcepov.
CDNA : MON 8-9pET. Click here for the latest in the chat stream.
2013 COLLABORATIVE LEARNING Schedule. We’ve launched a 2013 frame to delve into how learning works across practice areas like K12, Higher Education, OD, KM and Entrepreneurial Start-ups. Below is the outline for these discussions:
- Learning to Learn (kickoff). DEC 10 – @sourcepov framing transcriptMon
- Collaborative Learning – Q1 Intrinsic Drivers. JAN 07 & 12 – framing transcriptMon transcriptSat
- Collaborative Learning – Q2 Catalysts. JAN 14 – framing transcriptMon
- SERIES: Spiral Thinking. FEB-MAR framing.
- SERIES: Key Roles in Collaboration (Ch.14). APRIL-MAY framing.
- SERIES: Building Social Capital. JUNE-AUG framing.
2012 BOOK CONTENT Schedule. We attacked many of the chapters already, with dates posted below. We’d love your input on priorities, sequence and other key themes in the book that we should unpack:
- Intention Ch.4 (kick0ff) | AUG 4 – framing transcript
- A Choice of Words. Ch.5 | AUG 11 – framing transcript
- Common Ground: The Power of Metaphor & Story. Ch.6/7 | AUG 18 – framing transcript
- Is Critical Thinking in your DNA? Ch.1-2/20 | AUG 25 – framing transcript
- Are We Listening? Ch.8 | SEP 8 – framing transcript
- Hijack: Heuristics, Instincts & Fear. Ch.9 | SEP 15 – framing transcript
- The Dilemma of Culture. Ch.10 | SEP 22 – framing transcript
- Contrarians: On Ego, Power and Control. Ch.11 | SEP 29 – framing transcript
- Can there be a Trusting Organization? Ch.12 | OCT 6 – framing transcript
- SPECIAL Pre-KMWorld TweetCast (LIVE from the D.C. Renaissance) | OCT 15 – “A Time & Place: Venues for Flow” (Ch.13) – framing transcript
- Critical Roles. Ch.14 | OCT 27 framing transcript
- Leadership as Art: Team Dynamics. Ch.15 | NOV 3 framing transcript
- Synthesis in the Flow: Why Process Matters. Ch.16 | NOV 10 framing transcript
- It’s Your Move: Finding Balance in Collaboration. Ch.17 | NOV 17 framing transcript
- Are We Ready? Measuring Readiness for Change. Ch.18 | DEC 1 framing transcript
- Learning How to Learn: KM & OD Synergies. Ch.19 | DEC 8 framing transcript
- Critical Thinking. Ch.20 | DEC 15 & 17 framing transcriptSat transcriptMon
Chat Mechanics. The venue for our discussion is an exciting one. As reported by Forbes, twitter chats have taken social media by storm, modeling a unique and powerful collaborative dynamic. Our specific hashtag for the conversation will be #cdna. Most who participate use free tools HootSuite.com or Tweetchat.com to monitor the flow of dialog, and to automatically append the hashtag to tweets of your own. This creates a virtual chat room, a place for us to connect .. which is itself a key collaborative driver covered in Chapter 13 on “Space”.
More on the Book. Want to get a feel for the book? Use the “Look Inside” feature on Amazon to read excerpts from the first few chapters online. You may also find our table of contents and reader page useful, because we’re posting updates and feedback.
As we like to say, this is more than a book .. it’s a conversation. We hope you’ll join in!
– the @CollabDNA Team