Change is all around us. It is our 21st century zeitgeist, our greatest challenge, and our daily focus. What are we doing about it?
We had 5 #orgdna chats August-December 2016 with a focus on culture change, with a progressive level of input and engagement. To me, that says we’ve tapped a topic that resonates, and gathered a group with much to say about it.
As we close 2016, we are looking forward to resuming book reviews in early 2017.
As we transition, we used our final December chat on 12/19/16 we put some stakes in the ground on the org culture topics we’ve covered this year. What have we learned so far? What are the key takeaways? Here our five 2016 Org Culture transcripts, providing much of the insight on that.
- AUG 14 Dilemma of Culture: The Fundamentals (16-184)
- SEP 18 Culture: The Price of Change (21-271)
- OCT 14 Cultural Patterns & Markers: Complexity Factors (24-392)
- NOV 14 Semantics of Purpose (20-218)
- DEC 19 2016 Takeaways (15-203)
Here are the major themes that provided the frame for our takeaways chat:
- Q1. Culture w/ Scale: silos vs. networks; can we predict how much structure is needed?
- Q2. Culture, in Time: do we act: early? often? what are the signals?
- Q3. Change Skills for Culture: how do we build empathy that ensures deep listening?
- Q4. Leadership Skills for Change: how do we align w/ change in markets, workforce demands, in the zeitgeist?
- Q5. Adaptation w/ Complexity: can we instll flexibility at the edges?
As we start planning for 2017, I hope you’ll continue to join us 3rd MONDAYs at 9pm ET. The community is still growing. We’d love to add your voice and your insights.
In terms of mechanics, just access the conversation via your Twiter account. We’ve found success using a streaming app like TweetDeck. Just be sure to embed #orgdna in your tweets .. and we’ll see you online !!
Chris aka @sourcepov