It was great to see so much #orgdna community interest in Frederic Laloux’s 2-book series on “Reinventing Organizations”. Both are significant and fascinating. The traditional 2014 business book favors the long form analysis with case studies, end notes, etc. The 2016 illustrated workbook introduces the concepts in a lighter-weight mode, ideal for visual learners .. and twitter chats.
Chat participants should get your hands on Laloux RO-illustrated (2016), as we’ll be referring to it.
The basic structure of “RO-i” Part 2 has the following outline, which I’ve annotated to reflect our 3-month chat frame for summer 2017:
- Self-Management – 5/15 chat (in the books, see transcript)
- Orange vs. Teal, New Metaphors and Structures; a general discussion of Laloux and RO.
- Wholeness (Dropping the mask) – 6/26 chat
- Q1 Taking Risks
- Q2 Common Ground
- Q3 Safe Space incl. Meetings
- Q4 Storytelling
- Q5 Commitment & QWL
- Evolutionary Purpose – 7/16 chat
- Q1 Vision, Strategy & Change
- Q2 Initial Conditions e.g., Culture
- Q3 Holding the Space
- Q4 Key Roles, incl. Leader/CEO
Much of this material we’ve covered in past conversations. But this framework builds on the ideas in interesting ways, perhaps even actionable ones?
Excited to find what we’ll learn from this, and where our conversation may take us.
Please plan to join us MON 6/26 at 9pmEDT. We recommend a streaming app like Tweet Deck. Just add #orgdna to your tweets, and we’ll talk then.
Chris Jones aka @sourcepov, Charlotte NC US